Lights for me as a filmmaker are almost as important as my gas. It's my partner and I need both reliability and power. I have been looking for options that could ensure me both the safety of a powerful primary light that can be seen "over" thousands of video lumens, and a perfectly crisp balanced video light that is gentle on the whites when near them. When SeaYa promised me the above in one light unit, I was intrigued, but still reserved. Now after almost a year of filming, I am a true fan. To say the least.
Stratis Kas is a professional award winning photographer and film maker who has been published numerous times in prestigious magazines like Vogue (Italy, Russia, Greece) and GQ (UK) among others. His work has included advertising material for brands like Christian Dior and Levi’s. As an artist he has exhibited in galleries and shows in London, New York and Paris.
Since 2016 he has lead the Top2bottom cave filming team that specialise in Adventure Filming. In 2017 he finished his first film “Amphitrite” that won a finalist place in the film festival “Short to the Point” in 2018. Currently he is filming his first full feature film “Echoes of Silence” produced by Because i Can ltd and FilmO2 Paris.
Stratis has been diving since 2001. With a truly global experience in diving, from South America to Hawaii, and from the high altitude lakes in the US and Florida Caves, to the Red sea and beyond, he calls the underwater world home.
He is a Trimix, Technical Cave and Technical cave DPV instructor. He is focused almost exclusively on Cave Diving and Sidemount. From preparatory courses to introduce the future Cave diver to the skills needed in the overhead, all the way to Technical, Multi-stage Cave DPV courses.
For Stratis, Cave diving is the only type of diving he does. He firmly believes that it cannot be an “occasional” type of diving, because of the intense focus and preparation needed, both physical and psychological, to be a safe sport.
The beauty that Cave diving offers to him each and every time he ventures into a cave somewhere around the world, is the reason he gets inspired to share it with new future Cave divers.
• Political Sciences / Int. Relations @ University of Turin, Italy
• Owner of “Because I Can Ltd”, Media Productions
• Owner of “Into The Wild”, Diving Training & Adventure Tourism
• Leading member of “Infinite Liquid” Filming Team, 2019-now
• Leading member of “Top2bottom.tech” Filming Team, 2016-2019
• Owner of Nakedbutsafe Magazine, 2011-2019
• Owner of Stratis Photography, 1998-now
• Technical Cave Instructor IANTD, CMAS
• Full Cave Instructor UTRtek
• Technical Cave DPV Instructor IANTD, CMAS
• Technical & Trimix Instructor IANTD, CMAS, UTRtek
• Instructor IANTD, CMAS, UTRtek, SSI
• Mnemonic Decompression Instructor UTRtek
• Side Mount Instructor IANTD
BOOKS & MANUALS as an AUTHOR
• CAVE DIVING MANUAL, CMAS GREECE 2017
• CAVE DIVING MANUAL, UTRtek ENGLISH VERSION, with Matteo Ratto
MAGAZINES AND OTHER PUBLICATIONS
• GUE QUEST# 19.1, “Cave Diving in Greece”
• GUE QUEST# 19.3, “The caves of Valstagna”
• GUE QUEST# 19.4, “Balancing efficiency and safety in Cave diving film productions”
• XRAY #94, “Why Sidemount is my true DIR Diving option”
CONFERENCES AND EVENTS AS A SPEAKER
• TEKDIVE EUROPE 2017 Belgium, presenting the short movie: “Amphitrite”
• EUDI 2018 Italy, presenting the short movie: “Amphitrite”
• TEC EXPO 2018 Belgium, presenting: “Cave Diving in Greece”
• EUROTEK 2018 UK, presenting: “Balancing efficiency and safety in Cave diving film productions”
• EUDITEK 2019 Italy, presenting: “Expeditions in Extreme Weather”
FUTURE CONFIRMED CONFERENCES AS A SPEAKER
• TEKDIVE USA, April 2020, ORLANDO USA, presenting the film: “INFINITE LIQUID”
• EUROTEK 2020, UK, presenting: TBA